Friday, January 20, 2012

How to Power Layout so you can Scrapbook

2012 started with a commitment.
To scrapbook.
Weekly.

Last week you saw my CAR and all the STUFF I dragged over to my friend's house to sort! NOT fun (the dragging part). (see scrapbooking overwhelmed post)
Then on Saturday we went scrapbooking and it was not a good night for me.
Uninspired.
Overwhelmed.
Hated my pages...I was not even PMS-ing...just ...not feelin' it.
Plus I dragged a LOT of stuff in with me (of which I would use about 5% since I literally got 2 pages done)

My dear friend Jen (what would we do without our friends?) reminded me to Power Layout.
Yes!! I usually do that! I haven't done that since the last retreat!
Soooo friends, this week I had a major Power Layout session:

First I laid out my photos onto plastic 12x12 Guides

Looked at an Idea Book for inspiration...


Cropped my photos using the Personal Trimmer


 and using scissors cut some photos into silhouettes


Next I pulled out corresponding photo mounting paper and stickers/embellishments
to go with each page spread

Pulling paper and stickers now eliminates the need to bring ALL my stuff to a workshop

I'm not getting too detailed here - just a rough draft idea of how I'll put my pages together



After all that, it's time to stack my pages, last page on the bottom
 then keep stacking them on top of each other...

Put the whole stack into my Power Layouts Box


Secure the lid tight and keep in a horizontal position!


Now I'm ready to pack up for the workshop:
One bag with some extra themed paper/embellishments I might need
One Album, refill pages and page protectors:


And one very cute bag with my trimmers, adhesive, pens, candy, title stickers, etc...


Just look at how awesome this looks in my car!!!  Total improvement from last week!!!

How are you doing on your Chaos to Completion??  I would love to hear.

Please join me on this journey in 2012.